27.7.06

humility in you.

Teach me Lord to love you with everything and nothing. Everything in that my whole being will love you with all that I have and even with all that I lack; and Nothing in that I am not conscious of my love for you, I am not self-aware for that is prideful, and that will surely ensnare me in sin. Let the foundation of my love for you be based on humility and self-sacrifice. Lord wipe away all pride, all sin, and all my double-mindedness, for Lord I am but a mist that appears for a little while and then vanishes, while you remain unchanged and unchanging, the same yesterday, today, and forever. Lord lend your strength to me, that my feet may be like the feet of deer, and that I may reach inexplicable heights whereso it is written in your design for me. Sorry for that lapse in emotion last night. God, thank you for being my refuge, thank you for caring for those whose trust is in You. I hate being weak. I hate letting emotions run, but at the same time, I thank you Lord that you've given these feelings to me, that I truly felt and truly FEEL alive. This breath in me is a gift from you; God, I don't want to abuse that gift. Let me be grateful for all I have, and be even more grateful for all that I don't have - for it will force me to be more hungry, more thirsty after your kingdom and righteousness. So I turn these tears of sadness into tears of joy...


<-----! !----->

"Your attitude should be the same as that
of Christ Jesus:
Who, being in very nature God,
did not consider equality with God
something to be grasped,
but
made himself nothing,
taking the very nature of a servant,
being made in human likeness.
And being found in appearance as a man,
he humbled himself
and
became obedient to death -
even death on a cross!
Therefore God exalted him to the highest place
and gave him the name that is above every name,
that at the name of Jesus every knee
should bow,
in heaven and on earth and under
the earth,
and every tongue confess that
Jesus Christ is Lord,
to the glory of God the Father."

- Philippians 2:5-11


<-----! !----->