7.6.06

smooth to the max

As I was walking home today from the library, there were these 4 guys who were passing around a frisbee on Division . So guy #1 passes the frisbee to guy #2 who couldn't seem to get his hand around that flat disc, but lo and behold right behind him there's ME trekking along at my usual slow pace. So as I'm walking down that street listening to Jim Brickman on my mp3, I notice this disc flying at me, and I oh-so-smoothly raise my left hand and catch the thing! Yes, single-handedly! that oh-so-smooth catch was then followed by ooh's and aah's and yes, even clapping. I couldn't help but smile :)

...

It turns out this Sunday I'll be leading worship for the 1st time in my life. To be completely honest, I don't feel ready; if anything I feel scared and wholly insufficient for the role. I don't know the first thing about leading a congregation into God's presence, to assist them in TRUE worship - worship that is in spirit and truth, an offering of not just the words we sing, but of everything in our sole being which proclaims wholeheartedly the truths found in those lyrics - something that is beautiful and pleasing to God. Can I really do that? But then again, week after week when I help with worship, I'm 100% sure that is is by God's grace that I can play or sing. I know that without Him and the talents he's given me, I'd be nothing, I'd do nothing, and worst of all I'd feel nothing. So maybe leading worship aint that bad? Seeing as God will be with me through and through. And maybe this is just God's way of telling me to step up to the plate, to start training now in order to prepare for whats to come in the future. But still, I can't help but feel a tad bit apprehensive about Sunday... about not being able to step up to that oh-so-high plate..