25.6.06

drummergal




I forget who i was talking to, but a conversation popped up where we were debating the hottest/coolest/(dare-i-say)sexiest instrument known to man. apparently for many, the saxophone (i.e. the saxomaphone) is pretty high up there on the 'hot' list. but for me, just give me someone who plays the guitar or drums, and i'm good right there! I think i look up to all those who play these instruments mainly cuz i've always wanted to play them myself.. but never really got around to doing so. that was of course until i learned to play the drums as of late!! today was my debut as drummergal on the worship team. to be perfectly honest, there were a whole lotta extra-beats, lost-beats, wrong-beats, and the occasional right beats here and there, not only that, but apparently my timing was as if i was doing the 100m dash to the finish line or something. quite the sporadic drummer, yet Lily was convinced I'd been drumming my whole life :) --> cool

but ya, my goal is to become a stable drummer so that come september i'll be able to fill in here and there. since Aaron is leaving kcac, we'll be down with only 1 drummer.. and even that drummer might not be here in the fall. we'll see how God's plan unfolds, but it never hurts to be prepared, to oil up the lamp and get ready for night.