28.10.06

creationism.

"The man without the Spirit does not accept the things that come from the Spirit of God, for they are foolishness to him, and he cannot understand them, because they are spiritually discerned." - 1Cor2:14

Is this me? am i the one without Spirit. A while ago, I had a talk with a friend, and it was so enlightening, yet i look back now and think, why was I so incredibly hesitant to believe? At first I wouldn't, I didn't accept it at face value, but kept on questioning, kept on.. doubting the TRUTH! Am I one without the Spirit who doesn't accept the things from the Spirit? Creationism. Up till I dunno, when i was in gr.5 or 6, i DID believe in Creationism. then i remember when i hit the age of thinking and doubt.. and how it was 'smart' to be skeptical, to be realistic, but in essence what i did was compromise my beliefs ... thinking all along that I was just explaining creationism in a different way.. when in fact, i was wrong. so wrong. the world WAS created in 6 days. Not six periods, not six eras, plain and simply six 24-hour long days! How do I know this? well, death only happens because of sin. So how, HOW can there be evolution if there was no death? How can there be death in paradise? only AFTER man had fallen was there death, and subsequently MICROevolution.. none of this Ape & Man both coming from some unknown man/ape ancestor. I was talking with my mom last night, and I told her my newfound belief.. and it was so strange, she wasn't at all phased by this. She'd been brought up and had always accepted that the world, the universe was created in six ACTUAL days. . and it made me feel so silly.. that i couldn't just believe like my mom.. but needed proof. i needed evidence. how stupid is that, when the word itself is INFALLIBLE!! thanks for lending me those dvds eh? They've answered a lot of questions and more importantly put a scientific spin on things, BUT through 'biblical glasses' .. i.e. explaining the wonders BASED on the bible.. not the bible based on 'scientific evidence'
//