10.6.07

God has huge plans for me and you.

We should expect great things because we believe and have faith in a great God.



The moment we lower our expectations, the moment we settle for less, we are in fact telling God to his face that we don't believe in His power and His strength. Now the real struggle is transmitting this head knowledge into practical application for life. Sure, it's easy enough to say "I expect great things because I have faith in a great God" but do we really mean what we say? ...do I really mean what I say? how sad that we'd lack faith in such a faithful Father, but its good to remember faith is all or nothing. at times it gets tough, but nonetheless, it is always there because the moment we accepted Jesus into our lives, the spirit descended and made its home upon us, helping us along when we ourselves are too weak to go any further. So yes, I believe in great things because I have a great Father. I know at times this belief wavers, I've experienced how the roots of my faith can be so shallow to be toppled by the slightest wind, but with time the roots grow until we become a deeply rooted tree. however this can only happen if we nurture ourselves through prayer, fasting, and reading & internally digesting His written word. Because it is through these things that we are reminded that our God truly is a Faithful God, a merciful Father, and our beloved Creator.

But just as Pastor Lo mentioned a couple sundays ago, if you can't even show faith and trust in the little things God gives you, then how can he use you for even greater things? So really, if you expect great things, then prove you can handle them by preparing yourself and living a life that is honourable, righteous and blameless among man and with God. Become that person you've always wanted to be. The secular world states that change is nearly impossible, but God is beyond the impossible. So believe, change, and see the fruits God will bring forth in your lives.

Lord, I believe. I believe in You because you are Great, You are Faithful, and you are eternal