25.5.07

Acts 17:1-15

To mirror the motivation and intensity of apostle Paul....

Paul had conviction; he had a sense of urgency towards the lost of this world, knowing that mankind is essentially doomed without faith in Jesus Christ. Not only that, but he had the knowledge that one day each Christian would have to stand before the Lord and recount his or her service to Him and the least of His sheep in the world he commanded us to take care of - the world where he asked us to 'go forth and make disciples' out of. Knowing his life was but a vapour, he chose to make the most out of all situations, he didn't hesitate for one second about his calling or his mission. Paul was persistent in his faith for our Father in heaven for it is a Christian's duty in life to obey and to please our Father, knowing that the onus of what we've done with our lives, whether it was a life holy and pleasing to our father or a life utterly abandoned to the sins of this world, is completely on us.


"So we make it our goal to please him, whether we are at home in the body or away from it. For we must all appear before the judgment seat of Christ, that each one may receive what is due him for the things done while in the body, whether good or bad. Since, then, we know what it is to fear the Lord, we try to persuade men. What we are is plain to God, and I hope it is also plain to your conscience." - 2 Corinthians 5:9-11

Paul fully embraced God's leading, and fully abandoned the world in order to carry out his mission in life. He stepped out of comfort into the arms of the unknown, pushing himself further and further to expand the gospel, to expand His kingdom. However, these days, too often or not, we have become complacent. We have stopped caring with a sense of urgency.. I know I have. Remember the day when you first truly believed, when God revealed his majesty and his glory to you in full? I do. and the first thing I wanted to do was tell everyone. I remember we'd do brown-bag runs, where we'd hand out lunches to the homeless in Victoria. Back then, I wasn't afraid to talk about God. I wasn't afraid to go up to the least of His sheep. I only saw one thing when I'd go up to talk to the homeless... I'd see God's love for them. But somewhere along the road, I got cold. I stopped caring.

I say I yearn for so much more in this life of mine. But really, all I yearn for is to fulfill God's will in my own life. I am ready to follow you. I am ready to go where you will lead me.





...

Thought to ponder:

What are my God-given talents and gifts?
How can I use them to fulfill His calling for me?


but more importantly...


... what IS my calling???