7.9.06

a love like faith

sometimes it's just so easy to become too self-absorbed. our culture here has brought us up in such a disgustingly selfish way, that it has molded us into these me-robots who bulldoze through whatever and whomever to get what they want. We fail to see the hurt, we fail to see the pain; we're just blinded by our own selfish ambition, or in my case, blinded by a complete and utter obliviousness to this world. for me, when i feel sad, the world becomes sad, when i'm happy, the world happy. not a good thing eh? i'm beginning this new devotional on the fruit of the spirit, the first sub-fruit being LOVE. and i question myself, as I seem to do so often these days, do i really love? well ya, of course I do, cuz I know and believe in God, and God IS love as it says in 1 John 4:8.

but.. love, in a way, is sorta like faith in that faith without action is dead. likewise, love without action is also dead. Jesus, when he came down to Earth not only preached about love, but freely gave it out - one of the prime examples being how Jesus not only healed, but TOUCHED the leprous man - so again, i ask myself do i really love? now, the answer is a maybe. and that's not a good sign. love is meaningless and empty if it's not backed by action, so it's my prayer that i become less self-absorbed and more pro-ACTIVE, less oblivious and more aware of others, to show less "dead-love" and more of "God's-love" backed by action.