26.11.09

PTL!

God is so very GOOD! =)

The mountain that was moved: Dr. R was facing deregistration or at best a few years of suspension from medical practice. Why? Because he stood up for what was right. Because he cares too much for his patients. and because people lied against and falsely accused Dr. R. He's opposed to drug maintenance and because of that many red alarms have been popping up all around him, and health bureaucrats have been trying to get him out. They've tried for over 10 years, but still made no dent! He offered morphine in severe cases to patients detoxing off of methadone. Everywhere around the world this is standard treatment, Canada, US, Europe, even Western Australia, but not here in QLD. More than that, he got verbal permission from the QLD Drug & Dependence Unit, who then denied giving it at all. His own lawyers thought at best he'd get 3 years of suspension, the other side was pushing for deregistration. Despite this, God moved the mountain, worked in the judge's heart who ruled that his suspension be suspended for 3 years! What a miracle! He'll be starting back at work on the monday :) It goes against all laws and logic, and I guess thats why just thinking about it puts a HUGE smile on my heart. God is a miracle-worker.

A family found. I met the loveliest couple this past week as a bunch of us gathered to help Dr. R sift through a bajillion boxes of archives. They've somewhat adopted me as their daughter, and they my 'Australian' family. It's strange. I've never clicked with people as fast as I clicked with these 2. They're different than the typical older Christian couple you'd see in church. Gary is just backed with a wealth of wisdom and has such a huge heart full of compassion for struggling men. He works at New Hope House with Teen Challenge here in Brisbane and is a chaplain as well. His wife is one crazy amazing woman! She's studying at bible college and she's what I'd call RADICAL! :) Both Gary & Linda are the type of people I'd read about in books. I'm still recovering from meeting both of them! I think the one thing that really stuck out was the fact that they're both so eager to grow and are so fired up, there's no pause on their remote, they just Go and Do, and talking to them you understand why, they're absolutely saturated with the Holy Spirit :) I just love the fact that they really love God and they're NOT afraid to show it!

A night of celebration! They brought me up to Toowoomba for Champion's Night at Teen Challenge. I'm still kinda in shock to be honest... at God's amazing power to transform lives so radically. Imprinted in my mind is a guy named Josh: was on the streets, used everything, headed towards death, but yet here he is completed the program at TC, and with YWAM now filled with such a passion for full-time missions! He was one of many stories that night. It was wonderful seeing and celebrating with these guys. One thing really stuck out for me that Pastor Alan said "Success isn't about never failing, success is learning how to deal with failure" & to get through failure think ADHD: assurance --> deliverance --> hope --> destiny!