7.4.08

last night was full of emo-ness.
after ranting long and hard to the big G... i got nothing back except silence.

frustration.

frustration over a relationship that slammed shut, though it never even began.
frustration over not knowing where I'll be and what I'll be doing come september.
frustration over friendships that will be lost.

ultimately.

frustration over change and uncertainty.



but then he gave me a verse. Isaiah 48:21

"They did not thirst when he led them through the deserts;
he made water flow for them from the rock;
he split the rock
and water gushed out."

wow. that's powerful no? i close my eyes and try to picture it... water gushing forth out of rocks. absolutely unbelievable. but of course we can expect nothing less from our almighty Father. it reminded me that despite uncertainty, despite change, all will be okay in my Father's arms. For He was and is the Designer and Creator of this universe. He made water flow from rocks. He does the impossible and will always provide for those who love Him.

therefore.

frustration has lessoned.

although i must say, i'm still finding it hard to let go of him. I guess this is a test ... to learn not to hold onto things of this earth so tightly. to not place hopes in people but to only place our hopes in the one and only constant thing we can depend on here in this life. Jesus.